Thursday, August 23, 2012

Blog Day 1- Meet the director, working on the script.

 Hey there- I'm Omar Bryant, from Wellington, New Zealand. For the moment, me and my "professional cast" are here in Romania, where we are shooting what we hope to be our big breakthrough in cinema.

 Yep, and since we want to do it good, we decided to make a horror movie- not an ordinary one. What I want to achieve here is the most disturbing movie ever.

 This may sound a little too big for some indie starters, but hell- all is well when it ends well. So we started about a week ago- now I'm working on the script alone, it's kinda giving me the chills, really- I just hope writing here will take them away.

 I don't have much of an idea- just typing a few things I find creepy in a word document. I intend to have the script finished by 24th August, so I guess I'll just do an all-nighter.

  Here's a snapshot of what I've written so far.
 As much as I can tell- the movie will be a description of my nightmares that I take notice of. I have this nightmare journal.

 What's so funny about most of them is the characters seem to be repeated. I'm not kidding now- but it seems to be all about the same things:

 -2:01 in the morning, wake up because of a noise: Lbrn(there you go- that will explain the title)

 -for some reason I go to the bathroom, and there's this skinny, pale kid wearing nothing but a baseball cap.

 -then I just wake up.

 I have consulted a psychiatrist. No use much- guess I must have some obsession with all this stuff. Also, the kid looks a lot like me, but certainly doesn't act like me.

 I don't really care what I dream of- I recently started lucid dreaming so I can wake up whenever I want to.


 About the movie now- so far, so good- I have been making amateur films since 2009, meanwhile I learned quite a lot about marketing an indie film, festivals, bla bla stuff. Here is the plan on promoting this movie:

 -make it first
 -a few youtube clips
 -this blog
 -most important of all, my second public speech(more like a Q&A)
 -Amazon CreateSpace

 And hopefully, it will all work. What's kinda holding me back is school- cos I'm a middle school student. I really want to succeed with this so I can see the looks on those teacher's faces- "You go to school to succeed in life." I already made up an answer- "If you just went around the corner you'd have found the elevator"- HELL YEAH!!!!

 Of course, it will open a lot of doors for me and my crew- so let's get aboard the ship! If I make it big, then certainly you will be able to.

 Some things you might find useful about internet marketing- I already got scammed, so why should you?

 -don't promote your things on facebook, make a separate website- people on facebook are looking forward to getting known across the internet, not read your promo's.

 -twitter highly sucks- it will take you years to get as many followers as you like(unless you are already famous)

 -The Google Sniper thingy- it's a scam, doesn't work much.

 -Youtube is great- you have no idea!

 -don't make a commercial- write an article. Nobody wants annoying promotional videos- they want actual information





 I'd love to have this movie finished by Tuesday, so I'm gonna be making a daily update. Goodbye for now- see you on Friday.

 And I'd like to thank you, my first viewer from the States for reading this.





No comments:

Post a Comment